A lot of us tend to overlook home maintenance tasks or postpone them for later. If you fail to clean, inspect and tidy up your home routinely, you may end up spending thousands of dollars on home repairs. You could either get your gloves on and DIY or hire home maintenance experts for the job.
The experts have an advantage because they have the necessary tools and products to do a proffesional job. They are highly skilled and they will work as a team, getting your house fixed in hardly any time.
Today we’ve put together a checklist to remind you of the home maintenance tasks that you need to have taken care of.
Home Maintenance Checklist
Device and Appliances
- Inspect the fire extinguisher. Replace it if necessary
- Replace the batteries on your smoke alarm detector
- Call in the professionals to inspect your air conditioning/heating system. They may have to clean out the vents. You must also ask them to test your gas heaters or appliances and install weather stripping to prevent rainwater from entering the home
Kitchens and Bathrooms
- Have the bathroom deep cleaned monthly – especially the grout in showers
- Make sure the sinks and drain holes are free from debris
- Clean the in-sink food waste disposer
- Inspect the oven range hood after every two months and keep it free from grease
- Inspect the taps and the toilet for any leaks
- Examine the caulking in the bathroom in the area around the bathtub and the shower. Replace the caulking when necessary.
The Great Outdoors
- When spring arrives, check the roof for loose or missing shingles. Also, examine the flashing, fascia, and eaves for signs of deterioration
- Clean the deck and seal it if required
- Spruce up your garden. Get rid of dead or rotting plants. Weed the garden and fertilise the soil
- Have hedges trimmed and unwanted small tree branches felled
- Repot plants and get rid of clutter lying around your garden. Redo your lawn landscaping if required
- Inspect the fly-screens and replace them if they look damaged
- Clean out the gutters and check the downpipes
- Inspect the external drainage system
- Check the fence and gate, and have repairs done if necessary
- Have the house pressure-cleaned once a year. Pressure cleaning will get rid of chipping paint, stains, and mildew
- Examine the doors and windows
- Clean out the garage and get rid of unwanted items
- Have wheelie bins cleaned so they don’t breed bacteria
House Maintenance in Castle hill
We offer a broad range of home maintenance services including lawn care, pressure washing, and pool area cleaning.
Whether you need gutter cleaning, garage cleaning or exterior drain inspections, we can help.
We’ll increase the value of your property by routinely inspecting and maintaining it. We have the expertise to offer you professional hedge trimming and tree lopping services in Glenhaven, Castle Hill, and neighbouring suburbs.
Call us on 1300 914 644 or visit us online to learn more about our Property Service Divisions which include House Mantenance, Gardencare and Property Managment/Caretaking. We’ll create a customised property management programme to suit your needs.